GDPR - Is Your Practice Ready?
Presented by: Nicki Rowland (Practices Made Perfect) and Lee Davidson (Intrasource).
A must for all Dentists and Practice Managers.
Specifically tailored to the dental world, this course will provide you with all you need to know about GDPR in time for the changes on the 25th of May.
This course will help you to:
- Understand the key differences between the Data Protection Act and GDPR.
- Understand the principles introduced by GDPR to ensure safe handling of data in your day-to-day business at the practice.
- Determine what personal/sensitive data is and how to store, handle and process it.
- Learn how to implement safe and robust patient record keeping processes that demonstrate accountability and compliance in line with GDPR.
- Identify how to detect data breaches and how to ensure you take the appropriate steps to inform relevant parties.
- Understand how to manage your information security, systems and processes appropriately.
- Recognise the sanctions for failure to follow the GDPR guidelines in reporting data breaches.
Saturday 7th April 2018, 10am - 1pm
Wednesday 25th April 2018, 6:30pm-9:30pm
S4S Dental Laboratory, 151 Rutland Road, Sheffield, S3 9PT.
3 hours of verifiable CPD.